Astilbe x arendsii Description
Clumps of decorative dark green leaflets appear in spring, followed by large plumes of deep pink frothy flowers. Ideally suited to planting informally near water / woodland. 70cm tall X 70cm.
Astilbe x arendsii - Cultivation Notes
Astilbe's require a moist fertile garden soil, in partial shade / full sun, with dry conditions will cause foliage to scorch. Plant where plants will not be disturbed e.g.. around ponds / wild areas. Cut back in Autumn and mulch / divide if congested.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Astilbe x arendsii:
- Suitable for container growing
- Tolerates permanently wet soil
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
- Suitable for planting in full shade
Weaknesses of Astilbe x arendsii
- Will not tolerate exposed, cold or hot and sunny locations
Design & Plant Use for Astilbe x arendsii:
- Summer flowering herbaceous plant suitable for border planting
View all the plants listed in Genus Astilbe
View other ground cover plants with dark pink flowers, or ground cover plants with medium green foliage