Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Berberis veitchii:
- Spiney growth can deter unwanted visitors!
- Evergreen foliage for all year round colour and screening
- Fruit / berry producing
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
- Tolerates cold exposed locations
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
Weaknesses of Berberis veitchii
- Spiney plant - can scratch young children and gardeners!
- Does not produce showy attractive flowers
View all the plants listed in Genus Berberis
View other shrubs with yellow flowers, or shrubs with dark green foliage