This larger upright growing Ceanothus is ideal for a mid border planting. This dense growing evergreen shrub bears masses of tight clusters of dark blue flowers in spring / early summer. Dense dark green foliage is attractive all Year round. Good for wall training. 1.5m tall x 2m spread.
Ceanothus - Cultivation Notes
Ceanothus will tolerate a wide range of soil types as long as they are well drained. For best results plant in a warm sheltered spot full sun and make best use of this tough plant by using it in hot dry problem spots where it will flourish in the poorest of soils. Ceanothus do not appreciate the cold or shade. Prune lightly to shape in early Spring.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Ceanothus:
- Sun loving drought tolerant plant
- Scented blossom
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Evergreen foliage for all year round colour and screening
- Suitable for exposed coastal planting
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
Weaknesses of Ceanothus
Design & Plant Use for Ceanothus:
- Evergreen ground cover suitable for problematic dry soils in full sun
View all the plants listed in Genus Ceanothus
View other ground cover plants with dark blue flowers, or ground cover plants with dark green foliage