Geum chiloense Description
Mrs Bradshaw is perhaps the most tried and tested variety of Geum. It produces masses of hot red blossom and would work well at the front of sunny red themed or hot border. Consider planting with other sun loving Mediterranean plants.
Geum chiloense - Cultivation Notes
Geum will flourish on most moist garden soils, yet they don’t like wet or heavy clay soils. Geum prefers planting in full sun towards the front of the border where they can grow without being smothered by taller plants. Prop by dividing in autumn or spring.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Geum chiloense:
- Sun loving drought tolerant plant
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
Weaknesses of Geum chiloense
- Does not tolerate very dry or very wet soils
Design & Plant Use for Geum chiloense:
- Summer flowering plant suitable for drift planting
- Summer flowering herbaceous plant suitable for border planting
View all the plants listed in Genus Geum
View other ground cover plants with red flowers, or ground cover plants with dark green foliage
Common Missspellings: Geim, Jeim