Hosta - 'Hapsden Blue'
Hosta - Cultivation Notes
Hostas thrive in humus rich fertile soils (including clay), and require plentiful moisture. Plant in semi / full shade and mulch annually / water when dry. Beware of slugs - which will decimate attractive foliage.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Hosta:
Weaknesses of Hosta
- Attractive autumn colour
- Suitable for container growing
- Architectural plant – ideal as a ‘stand out’ plant
- Attractive form or foliage for all year interest
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
- Suitable for planting in full shade
Design & Plant Use for Hosta:
- Will not tolerate exposed, cold or hot and sunny locations
- Summer flowering herbaceous plant suitable for border planting
Hoster, Housta, Houster, Hostor, Hostea, Hostar