Kerria japonica Description
This hardy shrub is popular for its late winter and early spring colour. If it is yellow flowers you are after then you cant go far wrong with Kerria. This variety is a double so the blossom forms into yellow ruffled balls.
Whether in full sun or part shade and on a variety of soils Kerria delivers an early splash of blossom, but then looks rather mundane for the remainder of the year.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Kerria japonica:
- Sun loving drought tolerant plant
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Ideal for fast growing screening
- Tolerates cold exposed locations
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
Design & Plant Use for Kerria japonica:
- Ideal flowering shrub for problem clay soils
View all the plants listed in Genus Kerria
View other shrubs with yellow flowers, or shrubs with medium green foliage
Common Missspellings: Keria, Kerea, Kerrea, Ceria, Cerea, Kerria