Primula - 'Marie Crousse'
Primula - Cultivation Notes
Thriving in dappled shade primula is ideally suited to deep fertile woodland soils. When planting anew dig in plenty of compost, planting ammongst low ground cover, or meadow. Ideally plant in groups near ponds or ditches.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Primula:
Weaknesses of Primula
- Suitable for container growing
- Architectural plant – ideal as a ‘stand out’ plant
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
- Poisonous if eaten/irritating sap
- Will not tolerate exposed, cold or hot and sunny locations