Robinia pseudoacaia Description
Robinia Frisia is much valued for its outstanding golden foliage and hanging Raceames of cream white blossom. Golden foliage comes late in the spring and produces light shade, making this a useful screening tree in city gardens where light is required under the canopy for ground. During autumn seed pods ripen and leaves turn a rich orange. beware of evil spines when pruning or climbing!. 15m tall by 1Om wide.
Robinia pseudoacaia - Cultivation Notes
This medium sized hardy tree will cope with all soil types as it never has roots in waterlogged soil. For best golden foliage effect plant in full sun and avoid exposed windswept locations. Prune lateral branches and encourage a single leader while establishing for a tall stright tree.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Robinia pseudoacaia:
- Sun loving drought tolerant plant
- Spiney growth can deter unwanted visitors!
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Ideal for fast growing screening
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
Weaknesses of Robinia pseudoacaia
- Spiney plant - can scratch young children and gardeners!
View all the plants listed in Genus Robinia
View other trees with cream flowers, or trees with golden foliage