Rosa - 'Nevada' (Shrub Rose)
Rosa - Cultivation Notes
Roses prefer a spot in full sun for maximum flower production and prefer a well drained garden soil that is neither excessively chalky or clayey. Avoid planting in really hot dry or exposed spots. Prune in winter according to variety and mulch every few years and feed in spring with a granular feed.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Rosa :
Weaknesses of Rosa
- Scented blossom
- Spiney growth can deter unwanted visitors!
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Fruit / berry producing
- Tolerates cold exposed locations
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
Design & Plant Use for Rosa :
- Spiney plant - can scratch young children and gardeners!
- Does not tolerate very dry or very wet soils
- Ideal flowering shrub for problem clay soils
Roser, Rosea, Rossa, Rosser, Rosser