Yucca gloifolia - Cultivation Notes
The evergreen Yucca will survive in most sheltered gardens, as long as they are planted in well drained soil (including chalky / sandy soils) in full sun. Avoid very cold exposed areas. Yuccas can also be grown in pots as specimens.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Yucca gloifolia:
- Sun loving drought tolerant plant
- Spiney growth can deter unwanted visitors!
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Provides valuable winter interest
- Evergreen foliage for all year round colour and screening
- Suitable for container growing
- Architectural plant – ideal as a ‘stand out’ plant
- Suitable for exposed coastal planting
- Attractive form or foliage for all year interest
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
Weaknesses of Yucca gloifolia
- Spiney plant - can scratch young children and gardeners!
Design & Plant Use for Yucca gloifolia:
- Evergreen plant with attractive foliage for winter interest
- Architectural plant with dramatic foliage suitable for hot dry spot
View all the plants listed in Genus Yucca
View other shrubs with white flowers, or shrubs with variegated green-silver foliage
Common Missspellings: Yuca, Yuka, Yuker, Yucker, Yucka