Berberis koehneana - Cultivation Notes
Berberis will flourish in most well drained soils, tolerating all but the poorest of soils. Plant in full sun for best foliage and flowering. Berberis is fully hardy - tolerating exposed locations. Prune to shape in spring - removing older wood to base.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Berberis koehneana:
- Sun loving drought tolerant plant
- Scented blossom
- Spiney growth can deter unwanted visitors!
- Attracts wildlife to feed or nest
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Ideal for fast growing screening
- Fruit / berry producing
- Tolerates cold exposed locations
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
Weaknesses of Berberis koehneana
- Spiney plant - can scratch young children and gardeners!
- Does not tolerate very dry or very wet soils
Design & Plant Use for Berberis koehneana:
- Ideal flowering shrub for problem clay soils
View all the plants listed in Genus Berberis
View other shrubs with yellow flowers, or shrubs with medium green foliage
Common Missspellings: Berbaris, Berberas, Barberis, Burbaris, Burberis