Buddleja davidii Description
This fast growing deciduous shrub produces masses of small orange globe shaped blossom throughout summer. Fast growing Buddleia requires space, so place at back of bed. 5m tall x 4m.
Buddleja davidii - Cultivation Notes
This Buddleia will flourish in most well drained soils, especially chalk. Plant in full sun for the best show of flowers. Keeping pruning to a minimum and plant at back of border to allow space to grow.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Buddleja davidii:
- Attracts wildlife to feed or nest
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Ideal for fast growing screening
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
Weaknesses of Buddleja davidii
- Does not produce showy attractive flowers
View all the plants listed in Genus Buddleja
View other shrubs with purple flowers, or shrubs with variegated green-white foliage