Geum rivale - 'Leonard's Variety' (Geum, Avens)
Geum rivale Description
This ruby red flowering variety has a challenging flower colour in terms of finding successful combinations with other plants. But it does produce masses of spectacular summer blossom.
Geum rivale - Cultivation Notes
Geum will tolerate most moist garden soils, yet they don’t like water logged or heavy clay soils. Plant in a sheltered sunny spot towards the front of the border where they can grow without being smothered by taller plants. Propagate by dividing established plants in autumn or spring.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Geum rivale:
Design & Plant Use for Geum rivale:
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
- Summer flowering plant suitable for drift planting
- Summer flowering herbaceous plant suitable for border planting
- Ideal for informal cottage garden style planting
Geam Jeam, Jeum, Gium Geeum