Geum rivale Description
This ruby red flowering variety has a challenging flower colour in terms of finding successful combinations with other plants. But it does produce masses of spectacular summer blossom.
Geum rivale - Cultivation Notes
Geum will tolerate most moist garden soils, yet they don’t like water logged or heavy clay soils. Plant in a sheltered sunny spot towards the front of the border where they can grow without being smothered by taller plants. Propagate by dividing established plants in autumn or spring.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Geum rivale:
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
Design & Plant Use for Geum rivale:
- Summer flowering plant suitable for drift planting
- Summer flowering herbaceous plant suitable for border planting
- Ideal for informal cottage garden style planting
View all the plants listed in Genus Geum
View other herbaceous flowers with dark pink flowers, or herbaceous flowers with dark green foliage
Common Missspellings: Geam Jeam, Jeum, Gium Geeum