Heuchera - 'Stop Light'
Heuchera - Cultivation Notes
This low growing flowering perennial is ideal for planting in half sun, but will tolerate full sun or dappled shade. Plant in any half decent garden soil that is well drained. Fork in plenty of compost on planting and occasionally mulch and plant in groups to create swathes of colourful ground cover. Avoid planting on wet or clay soils or very dry spots.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Heuchera:
Weaknesses of Heuchera
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Evergreen foliage for all year round colour and screening
- Suitable for container growing
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
Design & Plant Use for Heuchera:
- Will not tolerate exposed, cold or hot and sunny locations
- Summer flowering herbaceous plant suitable for border planting
- Compact evergreen plant suitable for container planting