Prunus - 'Amanogawa'
Prunus - Cultivation Notes
The ornamental cherry makes an ideal small tree in a lawn or border, providing a burst of spring blossom followed by much needed dappled summer shade. The flowering cherry will tolerate all but the harshest soils - avoiding water logged or chalk soils - and will grow in full sun or part shade. Allow this tree to grow freely as a specimen and avoid pruning if possible.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Prunus:
Weaknesses of Prunus
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Architectural plant – ideal as a ‘stand out’ plant
- Tolerates cold exposed locations
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
- Does not tolerate very dry or very wet soils