Ribes sanguinium - 'White Icicle'
Ribes sanguinium - Cultivation Notes
Ribes flourishes in all any fertile well drained soil - especially suitable for chalk, preferring a sunny aspect away from shade. A mulch in winter as well as pruning out old wood after flowering will help maintain shape and vigor.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Ribes sanguinium:
Design & Plant Use for Ribes sanguinium:
- Attractive autumn colour
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Fruit / berry producing
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
- Tolerates cold exposed locations
- Suitable for hedging or topiary
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
- Provides extended interest with blossom, berries and autumn colour
- Ideal flowering shrub for problem clay soils
Ribbes, Rebes, Rybies, Ribeas, Ribis, Ribbies, Rybes