Symphoricarpus albus (Snowberry)
Symphoricarpus albus Description
This hardy deciduous shrub is both low maintenance and fast growing, being grown for its arching habit and long lasting white winter 'snow' berries, it also produces tiny pink flowers loved by bees. Good for clipping / ground cover - 1.2x1.m wide.
Symphoricarpus albus - Cultivation Notes
Tough and easy to grow, snowberry is much loved by municipal parks and car parks! However it flourishes on any well drained soil, tolerates exposure, full sun or part shade, and you can cut it back hard or trim to form a hedge. A very useful all rounder.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Symphoricarpus albus:
Design & Plant Use for Symphoricarpus albus:
- Ornamental winter bark / tracery
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Fruit / berry producing
- Tolerates cold exposed locations
- Suitable for hedging or topiary
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
- Suitable for planting in full shade
- Ideal flowering shrub for problem clay soils