Weigela rubicor Description
This compact decidious shrub has interesting red tinged foliage as well as masses of red blossom. Ideal for planting in a dry spot, sitting well among mixed plantings where it can provide height and mid summer floral impact.
Weigela rubicor - Cultivation Notes
Weigelia flourishes in most well drained fertile, and chalky soils. Prune after flowering, removing 1/4 to 1/3 of old wood each year. Occasional mulching will help maintain vigor.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Weigela rubicor:
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
Weaknesses of Weigela rubicor
- Will not tolerate exposed, cold or hot and sunny locations
- Does not tolerate very dry or very wet soils
Design & Plant Use for Weigela rubicor:
- Ideal flowering shrub for problem clay soils
View all the plants listed in Genus Weigela
View other shrubs with red flowers, or shrubs with golden foliage
Common Missspellings: Wyglelia, Wegelia Wigelia, Wiegelea, Weigelia