Yucca gloriosa Description
This large clump forming Yucca provides plenty of architectural impact. Dark green foliage is occasionally followed by spires of creamy blossom when plants are fully mature. Allow plenty of space for this plant. 1.5m tall by 2m
Yucca gloriosa - Cultivation Notes
The evergreen Yucca will survive in most sheltered gardens, as long as they are planted in well drained soil (including chalky / sandy soils) in full sun. Avoid very cold exposed areas. Yuccas can also be grown in pots as specimens.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Yucca gloriosa:
- Sun loving drought tolerant plant
- Spiney growth can deter unwanted visitors!
- All round tough plant suitable for problem areas
- Evergreen foliage for all year round colour and screening
- Suitable for container growing
- Architectural plant – ideal as a ‘stand out’ plant
- Suitable for exposed coastal planting
- Attractive form or foliage for all year interest
- Tolerates full sun and sandy, drought-prone soils
Weaknesses of Yucca gloriosa
- Spiney plant - can scratch young children and gardeners!
Design & Plant Use for Yucca gloriosa:
- Architectural plant with dramatic foliage suitable for hot dry spot
View all the plants listed in Genus Yucca
View other shrubs with cream flowers, or shrubs with medium green foliage
Common Missspellings: Yuca, Yuka, Yuker