Ligularia X yushizoeana Description
This large herbaceous perennial is grown for its large impressive foliage alongside spikes of vivid yellow daisy like blossom, which are produced in mid to late summer.
Ideally planted in drifts alongside other herbaceous perennials and semi shade loving plants.
Ligularia X yushizoeana - Cultivation Notes
Ligularia prefers a sheltered spot in full or part sun on permanently moist soil. Ligularia prefers a deep fertile soil and plenty of summer moisture, being ideal for bog / pond side planting. Stake tall flowers. Propagate by division. Mulch regularly.
Strengths, Weaknesses & Design Usage
Strengths of Ligularia X yushizoeana:
- Tolerates permanently wet soil
- Tolerates heavy clay soils
Weaknesses of Ligularia X yushizoeana
- Will not tolerate exposed, cold or hot and sunny locations
Design & Plant Use for Ligularia X yushizoeana:
- Summer flowering plant suitable for drift planting
- Summer flowering herbaceous plant suitable for border planting
- Ideal for naturalistic woodland planting
View all the plants listed in Genus Ligularia
View other herbaceous flowers with yellow flowers, or herbaceous flowers with medium green foliage
Common Missspellings: Ligularea, Liguleria, Ligullaria, Ligulara